Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Give yourself a permission slip.

You’re torn today, do you go to the gym, lunch with friends, or go to your favorite store to browse leisurely? Some say it's easy to make decisions and you may ask yourself why this moment is any different. This is the time to get out a sheet of paper and write down, “I give myself permission to enjoy myself and I deserve some me time”. Even when we are not busy, we are almost afraid to admit to ourselves that we are not. There’s a lot of societal pressure to say “I am busy” or “I don't have time”. In reality, what we are doing to ourselves, is giving something else the power to decide how to take care of ourselves.

Here are 3 choices you can make to give yourself permission, to give yourself time:
1. Write your fun activity on your calendar. We don't often realize our time to take care of ourselves goes unnoticed. Put yourself first today!

2. Say it out loud, “I am going to let myself go to the gym today during lunch and do 30 minutes on the treadmill!” This validates your commitment and gets you there.

3. Then, call a friend and let them know what you’re doing to take care of yourself today. This gives you a support person you can depend on.

You should give yourself permission often! Especially, if this is new to you, we are human and we forget things easily. So, if you need support to give yourself permission to take care of yourself, call me for a 30 minute complimentary coach call today!

No comments:

Post a Comment